I finished this little hat last night. I think it’s ridiculously cute.
The green is a little bit brighter in real life – late afternoon sun washed the colour out a little.
Green is more accurate here. I’m very proud of myself that the tension is even where I had to carry the yarn along the back and that you can’t see it from the right side of the work.
But the pink is off. Don’t you just love the little leaves. I can see a few more of these in my future. It only used 18 grams of the pink yarn and even less of the green, so it’s a great scrap buster.
I have tentatively earmarked this for someone I know. If they have a girl it will go their way, if not then I’ll donate it to charity.
I finally got seascape stole blocked, and only lost 2 pins which went rusty while the blocking was done.
I need a better blocking system. The edges are very wavy.
Yarn is handspun by me. 80% merino and 20% silk. Of course it’s far to hot to wear it here. I’ll throw it in my bag and hope for cool weather when I visit Perth in September.