Yesterday we had a playdate after schoo with Gorgeous Girl’s best friend. He is leaving the country soon (this is the nature of forming friends in the ex-patriot community, people move on) and they are both very sad about this upcoming separation. Anyway, the two of them saw this pattern on my computer and asked if I could make one for both of them. I thought it might help ease the transition a little bit (yes, I’m clutching at straws here) and agreed.
I started last night. This is the cat’s back-side. For the centre I used the African Flower in a Square tutorial found here.
I’m really proud of myself with this one. It’s the most complicated piece of crocheting I’ve done. I learned two new stitches (thanks google) and I’ve also learned how to decrease (though don’t look too closely at them). I still need to work on my joins at the beginning and end of the rounds.
Hopefully I’ll be able to get both cats finished before Gorgeous Girl’s friend leaves and we can get pictures of them together. Finger’s crossed I don’t run out of the body yarn. I’m going to do the same body but vary the colours in the front and back panels.
This evening I need to sew a pillowcase and a drawstring bag that I promised Gorgeous Girl.