Hi there, didn’t mean to go MIA again.
Amy tagged me for a 7 random things about me meme so here goes:
1. I’m not very sociable in real life. I’m happy with my own company and that of Gorgeous Man’s, and of course, all my friends that live in the computer. I think moving so often has contributed to that. My knitting buddy moved to Ireland last week (I got her back into knitting and started her on her way to a stash 🙂 ), it was very sad to say good-bye to her, so I told her she wasn’t really leaving, just going to live inside my computer 🙂
2. I have no trouble talking or singing in front of large crowds of people. The largest crowd I’ve ever sung for was about 6000 last year at the Vergelegen Carols By Candlelight at Christmas when I was the soloist for the event.
3. I taught myself to tat. In the days before the internet. I tried 6 out of the 7 techniques in the book before I got one that worked for me and it was 3 years before I finished anything because it took me that long to work out how to fix mistakes. I saw a woman tatting once and was fascinated, but she was left handed and couldn’t teach me.
4. I am the queen of good intentions, but procrastinate like mad.
5. Speaking of procrastination: any type of form paralyzes me. I still haven’t registered Gorgeous Girl’s birth with the Australian Embassy or gotten her a passport. Now that I’ve put this out there hopefully I will get to it this week.
6. I wish I could draw.
7. My name is Ruth and I’m a scrapbooking addict.
If you want to play along please do, leave me a note so that I can see your responses.
There has been more scrapping – see, I even know the lingo. I did another page on Sunday and then halfway through my first double page spread of Gorgeous Girl’s first visit to Father Christmas I decided that I needed more supplies, so off to the store for some Christmas lettering tomorrow.
We had quilting guild today. I took Gorgeous Girl with me and my helper. So she took Gorgeous Girl out for a while, and held her while I attended to my committee duties – photographing the quilts for the guild’s website.
One of the disadvantages of working for the company that I used to build the site with is that I know what new features are coming. So this month’s photos won’t be uploaded to the guild’s site until next week when we have a great new photography feature being made available. 🙂
Much to my delight there were two other babies at the guild meeting. Bringing the number up to three! So the guild is just going to have to come to terms with prams and babies at the back of the hall. Gorgeous Girl is the darling of the guild. She thinks that the guild exists exclusively to kiss and cuddle her. Seriously, she holds out her arms to all of the Tannies (auntie) to be held and petted. The other babies are much less attention seeking…
I showed the African Animals quilt for show and tell time, and then left it there. We are having an exhibition along with the local lace and embroidery guilds and so the quilt is going to be on show. I’ll be taking pictures of the exhibition for the guild’s website, and will probably share some of the work here so you can see a broader glimpse of quilting in South Africa rather than just my work. I’m doing white glove duty on Thursday.
Well, Gorgeous Girl is currently working herself into hysteria because she doesn’t want to sleep, so I’d better go and see to that. Gorgeous Man is making mushroom and lentil soup and it smells divine – because the lentils are the dried variety it won’t be ready to eat tonight, but lovely to know that it’ll be in the fridge for tomorrow. 🙂