Thank you everyone who professed an interest in the scarves!! I am overwhelmed with the generosity of the knitting community, and my colleague can’t quite believe it when I tell her the response we’ve had so far. I will reply to all of you personally, I’m a bit behind because I worked this weekend…
To answer some of the more common questions:
* The scarves can be any pattern or yarn that you like as long as the colours are navy blue or bottle green.
* You can see examples of the colours of the uniforms on this page here: Feeding Children in Africa: Wishlist.
I don’t know about you, but seeing “Food” on a wish-list for a school brings a lump to my throat.
* I’m going to be doing a mistake rib scarf to start with.
* The scarves are going to primary aged children, so they don’t have to be overly long.
* Let me know when you are ready to post and I’ll send you my address. I’ll collect the scarves and then take them in to Bronwyn at the office.
* Please put GIFT on your parcel so that I don’t get hit with import duty – sometimes I have to pay it anyway, and that’s ok, but I’d like to minimize that as much as possible. 🙂
* Let me know if I’ve missed anything, or if you have any questions, and from the bottom of my heart, Thank you for coming on board 🙂
There are other things going on, but I want to keep the scarves information in a dedicated post of its own.