When we were in Australia at Christmas time last year I called into Spotlight to pick up some rotary cutter blades and a few other notions. I had no intention of buying any fabric. However, as I was heading to checkout I spotted some fabric that had been pre-shirred and I figured it would be perfect to make Gorgeous Girl a dress.
I bought two kinds of fabric. This is the first lot to be sewn up.
Not too shabby for winging it without any instructions 🙂
The best shot I could get of it on Gorgeous Girl.
Don’t you just love the circa 1970s faux wood panelling on the walls? 🙂 In the background of the photo you can see my old sewing machine set up for Gorgeous Girl. She has been working on her quilt this morning.
Because I don’t waste anything, the left-overs from the dress have already been cut down into scraps.
Some strips for my leaders and enders strip quilt, a 4.5 inch and 3.5 inch square, some 1.5 inch squares, some 1 inch squares and a 1 inch strip for the strip quilt.
Crafting in the tropics has some unique challenges. We have terrible humidity here. My rotary cutter lives inside a sealed zip-lock bag but even so, this is what it looked like when I pulled it out this morning.
Yes, that is rust. I put a new blade in and it was so nice to cut with. Here’s hoping this one lasts a little better…