There hasn’t been any finishing going on here at Ruth’s place. But there are a few works in progress. Last night I spread out my brother’s quilt on my design
I got two rows sewn together. I’m doing a 7×9 block setting. It’s going to be bigger than I first thought. That’s a queen-sized bed it is lying on. I have to admit I’m starting to get nervous about my plan to quilt this myself…
In between sewing the blocks for the rows I worked on some leader and ender blocks for my strip quilt.
There’s the pile, I was too lazy to spread them all out. At the moment I’m just adding the longer pieces to each white strip, once that is all done I’ll start adding the shorter bits to each side.
The scrapbox is starting to look a
little tiny bit tidier.
There’s all sorts of fabric in there from all over the place.
Here is what it looked like last time I took a picture.
Unfortunately, after sewing two rows of the quilt, my foot started to ache (this may have had something to do with a stumble down the last two steps on the staircase earlier in the day) and I’ve learned to listen to pain and stop. So I ended the evening sitting on the couch knitting some lace. Pictures of that tomorrow.