Or rather, meet Morris’ head. I’ve finished the head on my test knit for Yarn Miracle.
I opted for safety eyes rather than French knots. Only for the simple reason that I recently used safety eyes for the first time and became quite enamoured of them.
I’ve used Elle DK yarn for his face. The head and ears are from
rope yarn I spun in the very early days of my spinning career. In fact I think the brown is my first ever three ply and the whiteish grey is my first ever yarn. It’s so badly spun (over spun, over plied – that’s the three ply; underspun, underplied – grey) that I thought I’d never use this yarn, but the pattern encourages the use of odd yarn and so this is perfect for it.
Knitting hides a myriad of spinning sins 😀
I have been spinning every day for the Tour de Fleece, but I’ve been very bad at taking pictures and adding them to my various groups in Ravelry.
I’m still working away on the camel.
I think I’ve spun about half of the fibre.