It’s been a hectic time since I posted last. In summary: we’ve had 20 hours without power; lost internet twice (for a period of 4 days each time); had the car in for repairs (finally seem to have found an honest and competent mechanic, so we are rejoicing over that); while sitting in a traffic jam I also saw the car in front of mine get sideswiped by an oncoming truck (cosmetic damage only to both vehicles, but scary to watch)…
Amongst all that and the thesis writing I’ve been chipping away at some of my projects. I pulled out the crochet blanket and re-crocheted it all. I had a variation of 5 stitches along one edge, there was no way that was going to block out. I was pretty sick of this yarn by the end of the process, but I think it was worth it in the end.
An arty shot.
I’ve also had plied yarn sitting on the wheel for about 10 days. Finally got it wound off and washed this weekend.
Superfine merino, two ply from fibre I dyed myself. It’s the same dye lot. But I managed to get the colours in one of the skeins to match a little bit better than in the other and hence it looks more vibrant. I haven’t measured wraps per inch or yardage yet.
I hope life has been a bit calmer for all of you.