I’ve been having great fun with my new ball winder. My handspun looks totally professional all balled up, well at least I think it does.
I was sorting out my scrap (shoe)box this week (thanks to a certain Gorgeous Girl who decided to help Mummy by emptying it on the floor) and discovered a UFO that I had become discouraged about a little while ago. I decided to finish it anyway and give it to Gorgeous Girl as a doll quilt. She is currently very into looking after her ‘babies’.
This was disappearing nine-patch made from scraps left over from my first quilt. Just got the binding to cut, sew and put on. This is the first machine quilting I’ve attempted since my disasterous class last year. I’m kind of pleased with how it turned out, though it could be better. The backing and the batting came from stash, so that was nice to use it up.
I’ve added another row to the fish quilt.
It’s starting to move across the bottom of the quilt now only 5 more rows to go and they get progressively shorter. I’ve got the sewing machine permanently set up and am sneaking in a few minutes here and there as I get a spare moment and that is really helping it to come along. Then borders and hand quilting.
I’ve nearly finished a jumper (sweater) for Gorgeous Girl – big reveal when it’s done. The cardigan for me is also coming along nicely. I’m a little concerned about the fit, but it hasn’t been blocked yet, and I am also shrinking, so it should be fine.
I really must get out and take a picture of the vegetable garden, now that the seeds are big enough to be seen. Pumpkins, potatoes, tomatoes, corn, carrots, beetroot, lettuce and spinach are all up. It’s going to be great.